Heavy, Painful Periods
Help for heavy, painful periods
If heavy, painful cycles cause you to miss work, school or social activities every month, please talk with a Maternal Gynerations physician. Our ob/gyns have years of experience evaluating and treating this common health problem. After a complete exam, discussion of your symptoms and any tests you may need, we will talk with you about the many options available to correct your problem. Treatment options range from birth control pills all the way to minimally invasive surgery, depending on the cause of your condition, your overall health and your personal preferences.
A quick outpatient treatment stops heavy bleeding
Maternal Gynerations offers a patient-friendly treatment for problem periods called endometrial ablation, a procedure that safely removes the lining of the uterus.
- Endometrial ablation is an outpatient procedure with minimal recovery time.
- For most patients, endometrial ablation can be done in the office with only mild sedation.
- There are no incisions and most women return to their normal activities within a day or two. Any discomfort can usually be managed with an over-the-counter pain reliever.
- Endometrial ablation is highly effective for improving heavy bleeding. Most women report that their periods are shorter and lighter after treatment – some women say their periods have stopped completely.
- Because it removes the lining of the uterus, endometrial ablation is only right for women who are sure that they do not want to become pregnant in the future. Highly reliable birth control is also necessary for the rest of a woman’s childbearing years.
Do not let your period make you feel miserable every month. Find out how you can get relief by scheduling a visit with us today. Call Maternal Gynerations today at 770.513.4000 or visit our Patient Portal to view your account or schedule your consultation with us. Come and visit us here in Lawrenceville, GA. We also offer family planning consultation and gynecologic cancer screening. Our gynecology patients come to us from Dacula, Lawrenceville, Suwanee, Winder and Buford.